Capturing my thoughts
..:: I left my heart in Israel ::..
Israel Experience 2005[Day 5 - 18th June 2005]
Sorry friends...I know I'm really lagging in updating. Anyway, was choosing the pictures to upload for this entry and I realised I still owe some of my cell-group members some pictures...(so if I mention in any entries that a pic is for you...please right click and save it k??? hehe)
It's Day 5 in Jerusalem!!! We woke up quite early today and wash up for breakfast! It's our second last morning in Jerusalem, Renaissance Hotel (I love that hotel!!!) So i took a short video of that place using my handphone featuring me in it of coz! Haha...i did it while Karen is washing up...coz it's quite duh and embarrassing! I wonder if she hears me from the bathroom...yikes?! Oh, didn't think I mentioned it yet, but breakfast is really nice - i mean the food! And one thing that makes me look forward to meals too is THAT song!!! It's so sweet!!! Karen, do you still remember?? I think it goes like this...
Thank you Lord for giving us food (x3)
Right here where we are
Hallelujah, Praise the Lord (x3)
Right here where we are
Amen (x5)Yesh! And we met our usual breakfast khakis - Shumin and Soon Ki!!! Having breakfast with them comes with added value - Just like way back in Singapore where I would watch TV and eat at the same time, it goes the same with them! It's like watching a live comedy!!! They're just so funny in their conversation...Karen and I always "faints" and laughed at hearing them! I really really regretted not having to record down any of their conversations...What a sweet couple! (And congrats to Shumin, who have just given birth recently to Crystalline - Bus A-14 youngest member in Israel)
Today's program has lined up for us the last list of holy sites for us to visit - that includes the much awaited visit to the Upper Room and Garden of Gethsemane!
Now, let's have the pictures do the talking!

I call it "Mop Dog"! coz the fur looks like those on the mop...(must have been the moping of the floor in cafe)...duhz..anyway, took this pic over here for Hwee Sze!


This carpet caught my attention when we entered the museum! Interesting!


A replica of the Herodian Tomb...how real...


Oh, I should have explained earlier, we were at the Biblical Resource Museum where they had the replicas of the bible eg, the threshing floor, tomb n now here we have the cross...there are two others by the side...but this one is unique coz the tree grew in this way like the shape of the cross.


Kitty in Israel!!! At the Museum's Bookstore! It's very friendly but then became quite "dao" when I wanted to take pictures of it...hmmph


First it's too far...


then it's too dark...Bro Soon Ki!!!!...or rather...where is Alwyn????


Here am I at the entrance of the " Word of Life Israel Center" Welcome!


We are back at Jaffa Gate, at the Tower of David Museum!oh yeah, Penguin is out today!


Here's the view of Jerusalem from the top of the tower...awesome!


Here we are...in Mount Zion...this is the door to...


...The Upper Room!


St Peter in Gallicantu - this is the place where Peter denied Jesus three times...


In the footsteps of Jesus...this is the stairway where Jesus walked when He was arrested by the roman soldiers...


geez...this is HARD to capture..i took this lying down on the floor...and Bro Roy took me in that position...haha...wonder where's the pic now...Karen?


My friends...behind us is the Garden of Gethsemane.


This is the Church of All Nations, also known as, Church of Agony. It's rather a challenge to take a picture of it! We had to cross the road in order to have it in full view...just why is Alwyn not here??!?


Here we are at BenYehuda at about 8.15pm Israel Time (that's about 2plus AM in Singapore!!)...shopping time for us again!!! It's like Orchard Road...they've got so many shops..BUT not open yet coz of Sabbath day...so we just waited till 8.30pm when the shops started to open for business and people to stream in...cool!


Here's Karen and Jasmine posing a pic at night at Ben Yehuda...tough job coz the lighting wasn't that good (reminds me of Alwyn!!!)...we manage to have this after several tries!!!
11:32 PM